Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Singapore Idol Top 24 : Nurul Huda

In The Shower with :
Nurul Huda
(nickname : Ebony)



















Nurul and Syltra are the only two that gave me a short 3-word sentence when I asked them to describe themselves in 3 words. Everyone else gave 3 separate words. Nurul said "Happy Go Lucky!" and she is! She's also SUCH a ham for the camera!

And doesn't Nurul look like an Asian version of Reese Witherspoon? The resemblance is uncanny minus the blonde hair and blue eyes!

Quick facts about Nurul :
Lives in : East
Occupation : Sales Assistant
Favourite MJ song : Earth Song
Favourite Judge : Ken
Single/Attached? : Single

Who does she think will win Idol 3? Theodore.

If music is your first love, what is your second?
My second greatest love is watching tv (yes! a girl after my own heart! Woot!), especially football matches or even wrestling (oh, so NOT on my team anymore...LOL!). I always watch tv till the tv watches me,.... sleep that is hehehe.... tsk tsk tsk bad habit I know.


Secret Single Behaviour : What do you do on your own that no one knows about?
My one and only small smelly bolster a.k.a "hen-tay". Nothing can replace it. I cant sleep without it simply because of its smell. (I hope it goes for a 'bath' every now and then...)
Let me tell u a short story...there's this night when I slept without washing my face cuddling around with "hen-tay" and I slowly dozed off to dreamland.
Next morning, the first thing I saw was that....she GOT A PAIR OF EYES!!! Thanks to my mascara-LAH. (Hen-tay is a she??!)

summerr's take :
Nurul has got husky powerhouse vocals reminiscent of Nana from Season 1. She's a little chilli padi and she's a natural performer. Nurul was the only one who got props from Zaki at the Choreo workshop during Bootcamp.

Nurul not only sings and dances well, Producers who've heard her upcoming take on Rihanna's "Rehab" tell me that its totally unexpected and very unique. So I'm really looking forward to it.

My only hope for Nurul is that her diction improves as she progresses in the competition, I'm assuming she will because she is just so talented. And so nice, you can't help but love her!


Make a date with Nurul!
Saturday, 29 Aug : The Cathay, 2pm -3 pm
Catch Nurul in person at the first Idol roadshow where you get to meet the first group of 12 that will be performing next Wednesday at Piano Show #1.

Tuesday, 1 Sept : Caldecott Hill, 9am - 930am, 987FM
Tune in to 987FM at 9am to catch Nurul's first radio interview, along with Malaque, Farhan and Ryan.

Wednesday, 2 Sept : Caldecott Broadcast Centre, Studio 1
Singapore Idol Piano Show #1, 8pm and The Results Show later at 10pm, on Channel 5.
Nurul will be singing Rihanna's "Rehab".

To vote for Nurul :
Call 1900 112 1208 or text 8 to IDOLS (43657)
Each call/sms costs 60cents.
Lines will only open from 8pm on 9th Sept 2009.

Find Nurul online :

xoxo, s.

20 comments:

  1. yes! miss raspy voice, miss count on me singapore! All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why no vid? also i think she looks like another Nurul from Season 1, but prettier. Anyone remember Nana from season 1? same raspy voice!
    - syaz -

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks tiny on TV. Love her voice! Noticed her in those national day promos already. Hope she goes far ):

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Judges got it terribly WRONG..
    Nurul was the only person worth watching.
    Best wishes and im sure you will do bigger and better things in life than the rediculously judged and directed Singapore Idol.
    Pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. to the anon above me: you got it wrong man. nurul was really good and SO WERE THE OTHERS! this yr's sg idol contestants can really sing,just that i did not know why ytd's piano show was not their best performances. imagine you're the one singing in front of the whole sg for the first time? i was quite disappointed that most of the idols picked the wrong song choices which did not potray their full talent. syltra was the smartest/luckiest of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her voice is very good, I don't get why she got eliminated. So unfair..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im really sad to see her leave!
    i hope they would bring her back into the top12 or even a top13!!

    I doubt so!!

    but Nurul, u did AWESOME!!
    LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  8. yo...cuz...LOve u sooo much..U did GREAT...ALL THE BEST....

    LOVE,
    KAK JAMBU

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay, what i said came true :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nurul is the best performer :) are they blind or wat??? c'mon, best showmanship, maybe not the dress with the song, but that can be improved. You go gerl!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love U cuz...U did great...Remember to "chop" places for next week 30th sept....I wan to go & support U, gal...

    Love KAk Jambu

    ReplyDelete
  12. selamat hari raya my cuzzin.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't U eva forget me when n become famous or else I chop Ur head....hahahaha

    Kak Jambu

    ReplyDelete
  14. How if you've choosen this songs.,
    ( 1 ) Already gone- Kelly Clarkson
    ( 2 ) About you now- Miranda Cosgrove

    i was hoping you to get..,
    don't be so sexy because you already cute.
    sorry if i'm wrong

    Arkar

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for some other excellent post. The place else could anyone get that type of information in such an
    ideal method of writing? I have a presentation next
    week, and I'm on the search for such info.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog; rapid Giga Bytes

    ReplyDelete
  16. conssorXhie-n1992 Shannon Vang click here
    inabbreakiv

    ReplyDelete