Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Singapore Idol Top 24 : Douglas Wong

In The Shower with :
Douglas Wong
(nickname : Goodboy)

















Me : "So Dougie, describe yourself in 3 words..".
Doug : "Friendly. Funloving. Understanding."
And I thought to myself, wah such a Goodboy. Such a kosher answer.
But I later found out that Doug and I have something in common - our love for F.R.I.E.N.D.S.! And he's quite the tv junkie too.


He's been on tv too...check out this Deal or No Deal pic I found online!

Quick facts about Douglas :
Lives in : East
Occupation : Student, NUS (Law! <-- singing lawyer ala Ally Mcbeal?)
Favourite MJ song : Billie Jean
Favourite Judge : Flo
Single/Attached? : Attached

Who does he think will win Idol 3? Charles.

If music is your first love, what is your second?
I don't really know how to categorise it, but imma just call it "The Entertainment Industry". This comprises of everything from Movie land, to TV, to Print and to even to the Stage, it is an undeniable influential factor in people’s everyday lives. Personally, I enjoy being part of the process more over than being the end consumer.


Back in my freshman year in NUS, I was part of the annual university pageant as one of the contestants. Some how I won it and one of the prizes was it a modelling contract. This opened a door to an exciting and colourful world; I started doing stuff like catwalks, print advertisements, television commercials and shows. I found it to be the funnest things I've done because of the nature of work and the interesting people I got to meet every time. (i.e. Fiona Xie! =D Joy.)






I also enjoy musicals and stage-acting a lot also. I was the lead in a musical back in 2007 and I thoroughly enjoyed the combination of acting, singing and dancing. I’d probably be a Broadway actor if this Rockstar dream doesn’t work out. But I hope it does. Fingers crossed.








Secret Single Behaviour : What do you do on your own that no one knows about?
1. The volume on the television set must be a “nice & round” number. They must be in multiples of 5 (e.g. it must be 35 or 40 or 45)

2. When I’m in the car, the pre-set radio channels MUST be in ascending order and MUST be the following stations:
1) 90.5fm 2) 91.3fm 3) 95.0fm 4) 98.0fm 5) 98.7fm 6) 99.5fm
I do this even when I’m in my friends’ vehicles. I wonder why I don’t get rides from them anymore. <-- :)

3. This is probably my ultimate ocd yet. I cannot take it when you place an UNSOLVED Rubik’s cube in front of me. Just the thought of it just gets under my skin already.
The cube is a mess! Colours all over the place! They are not in order! How can???????
There was once I spent 15 minutes solving 6 Rubik’s cubes in this shop, just because it got on my nerves.
(you can solve the Rubiks cube? Cerebral. Or Geek? oops, same thing:))


summerr's take :
Douglas told me once that Chinese songs are against his religion. Thats a joke for those who are already getting their sticks out. He just means that he's totally into English songs. He says his chinese songs just CMI.

Songs from Five For Fighting and The Fray suit his style best, and he knows it. He sings well and his vocals are fair, but I think he needs to stand out more to make an impression. We know he does well

Check out this video collaboration he did with fellow Top24-er Charles. I LOVE IT (and want more actually!).



Make a date with Douglas!
Saturday, 29 Aug : The Cathay, 2pm -3 pm
Catch Douglas in person at the first Idol roadshow where you get to meet the first group of 12 that will be performing next Wednesday at Piano Show #1.

Wednesday, 2 Sept : Caldecott Hill, 9am - 930am, 987FM
Tune in to 987FM at 9am to catch Douglas' first radio interview, alongside Tabitha, Syltra and Theodore.

Wednesday, 2 Sept : Caldecott Broadcast Centre, Studio 1
Singapore Idol Piano Show #1, 8pm and The Results Show later at 10pm, on Channel 5.

Douglas will be singing The Fray's "How To Save A Life" <-- lov this song! Go get 'em boy!

To vote for Dougie :
Call 1900 112 1210 or text 10 to IDOLS (43657)
Each call/sms costs 60cents.
Lines will only open from 8pm on 2nd Sept 2009.

Find Douglas Online :


xoxo, s.

10 comments:

  1. The pictures looks good but i remember he doesn't look like that on tv!

    Blogger you should use the latest pictures and stop fooling us with pictures from loooong ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah , he looks kinda ugly... i think it is not him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugly??? I don't think so. I think he's as good looking as ever,but his voice...erm...SOUNDS BETTER THAN EVER! Douglas rocks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you crazy...... dougie is AWESOME! don't dis da man...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoever you are ... you sure need glasses! You must be watching too much 7th months Getai. LOL

    The top 12 idols Trailers is a proof & endorsement of his gorgeous look & out-of-this-world performance! A guy with look & brain ...

    Go Go Power Dougie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha doug is how cute! i like ;)

    good luck for the Piano Show, i'll be rooting for u!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sigh. can't please everyone :)
    Anyway you guys, keep rooting for Dougie - he really is the sweetest guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes I've seen him on campus! He's got a band. prettry awesome stuff i tell you !

    Go Bro!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doug's goin to be on the radio soon! :D *excited*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hes my tuition teacher >.>

    ReplyDelete